April Yip is a qualified art therapist, with a MA (Art Therapy) from Goldsmiths, University of London and a MPhil (Psychology) degree from The University of Hong Kong.
April believes in the power of art as a healing tool to understand, empower and transform an individual. She adopts a person-centered, psychodynamic approach in her work. She focuses on establishing a genuine therapeutic relationship with the clients, and aims to facilitate the process of thoughts, feelings and emotions through the creative process of art-making.
She has experience working with people of all ages and various backgrounds, including:
- Children who have trouble communicating and interacting with their peers
- Adults who have mental illnesses
- Adults and elderly who are dealing with end-of-life issues
- Elderly who are experiencing cognitive decline or dementia
- Elderly who are dealing with loneliness and coming to terms with grief and loss
- Caregivers who are dealing with burnout and depression
April is available for consultation and can be reached at aprily [dot] art [at] gmail [dot] com